Monday, December 12, 2011

Silly Season Should'NTS- Three reasons to keep that Santas hat in your wardrobe!

To bust out the Santa's Hat this silly season is my dilemma I face around this time of the year and generally makes me question/ notice how committed I am to fashion. Will this match that? Will my frilly and utterly gorgeous festive frilly dress match my crazy Christmas earrings, is that even in Vogue? Much of which all run through my head around this time of the year! Sometimes making me think fashion is driving me crazy until one of my delightful friends turns to me while on a bus and explains how much she loves her velvet green vest for Christmas and how it matches her pointy toe elf looking booties she bought three winters ago yet, how much she dreads the 'Santas Hat' and any conversation about a Santa's hat.

So for the record I have compiled the my top five holiday SHOULD NOT'S! I know there are probably more than five and I would love to know what yours are! Please feel free to share on my facebook wall!!!

NO NO Number ONE:
The first offender that I would like to point out would be the head to toe Christmas outfit, I attend an ugly Christmas jumper party every year where a bunch of friends go to op shops and find the most awful sweaters and jumpers with Santa and rain deers on them and we all show them off at out ugly Christmas party, it is fun however, some people seriously wear these and not only stopping at a Christmas t, or jumper but the whole outfit is a shrine to ugly Christmas paraphernalia. View the below and I rest my case.



NO NO Number Two:
Yes it is summer and yes our summers are hot there is no denying that, but really visiting your family and grand parents is not an invitation to show too much skin! It is Christmas after all and a time to dress a little more conservative, I like to wear floaty dresses, pretty yet gives me all the room I desire to scoff as much pavlova as possible! Thigh-high miniskirts and jean shorts and cut-to-the-navel dresses may look great on the runway, but in reality they are almost impossible to carry off, let alone wear to Christmas dinner or brunch with the family. Not only is it possible to dress sexy while leaving lots to the imagination, and also stuffing your self full of Christmas decedents. The secret here is to accentuate your best features with a suggestion: a lace-trimmed camisole under a blazer hints at great cleavage, yet you wont kill your Nana with showing all that skin or a small slit on a skirt gives a glimpse at gorgeous legs yet wont show your behind to your relatives, a halter dress shows off toned arms and all that work you have been doing at the gym.


NO NO Number Three:
Too many blingy accessories that make you light up more than your Nan's Christmas Tree. Come on now ladies lets leave the bling to the Christmas tree this year, rain deer ears that light up with matching flashing Christmas earrings are something out of a night mare not Christmas. See below I rest my case!





.

No comments:

Post a Comment