Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Alert: I LOVE your Handbag?! Is it Fake or Real?

A handbag is like a girls security blanket or the ultimate accessory and one that I must admit I spend the most on and enjoy the most! I see girls strutting around Brisbane and must admit to also strutting around with my hang bag no matter what it is slung on my arm like candy. However spotting a fake between real or good quality genuine leather to the fake PU China Leather is a fine line.

So what is new and all the rage in Handbag Fashion well I like to think it is up to you, and the way I determine this is all upon where I am going.

How to Choose the Right Handbag


Just like a great pair of jeans, a handbag should fit your body type. The shape of a bag shouldn't match your figure: instead, choose the opposite of your body type. For example, pick a bigger bag if you're a tall and thin woman. Don't be afraid to try the handbag on at the store. Get a feel for how it fits. Pass on anything that makes you uncomfortable. Basic designs and styles will last you through the years while maintaining a sense of up-to-date style. Bigger styles are great for on the go gals and guys, I love the Camelia Carlton Tote bag for days where I'm at the gym one minute, university the next and work in the late afternoon!
 
Fakes vs. Lookalikes


Before I become an obsessive freak that I am about this subject I would like to explain a few things before I get too carried away on this subject, I am a devoted Louis Vuitton Lover I have been in a relationship with him for over a decade and have recently about a year and a half started a love affair with Marc Jacobs and Chanel so please excuse my hatred of Fakes and Lookalikes and the people who try to carry them off as real. 
 
So to explain what these are I shall break it down for you, "fakes" are complete knockoffs (with fake logos most of the time) and "lookalikes" are pieces that are merely inspired by the original (like many department store handbag lines like the new Kardashian handbag line). "Fakes" may seem great at the time of purchase HEY yes they are cheap and look much alike the 'REAL' ones (Louis Vuitton, Chanel and Coach) BUT the bottom line is that these bags are cheap for a reason yes repeat they are cheap for a reason-- Not to mention counterfeiters have ties to all types of crime. How to know if your buy is fake and not the real thing? If the deal seems too good to be true (i.e. Louis Vuitton bag for $200) it probably is. Also look at the stitching, zippers, gold plating, date code and lining of the bag as these are all dead give aways when looking at a fake!
 
Research the Designer
 
Most designers have websites for you to check out their merchandise even going to the US or French Website will give you a good indication. Go ahead and get an idea of which bag you like, and if it's in your price range, get it. If your traveling overseas you might also want to check out the price in the chosen country you are visiting alot of the time Italian or french made handbags are cheaper in the country of origin.  But if it's a little too expensive, designers have specialty outlet stores and there are also plenty of websites that offer legitimate designer bags for a reasonable price such as Shop Bop- Great for Marc Jacobs and DVF Treasures (SALES)!!
 
'It' Bags


I like to call these investment pieces, my ultimate investment would be a Hermes Birkin, ever so stylish and has been for decades something that is an heirloom believe it or not yes a handbag could be an heirloom and one that I would trade my most beloved Louis Vuitton for!
 
So now that you know the difference between fakes and lookalikes, you'll want to study up on which styles are hot in the fashion world. "It" bags -- expensive designer bags that get must-have status each season -- don't come cheap but yet if you get the right 'it' bag and wear it for three seasons sporadically it will most often pay its self off and also pay off all those compliments and dying gazes you will receive. Remember that fashion goes in cycles, so hold on to these pricey investments: they'll be back in style in a few years.
 
I hope this has helped you in your search for the perfect handbag! How could we ever live without them! Enjoy loves! xx cc
 

No comments:

Post a Comment