Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Life of a city PA- Secrets Exposed


Monday- yes it was a public holiday yet I was awoken mid morning with a text message from my somewhat needy boss, " can you please help me pick out an engagement ring for my girlfriend". So I drag my tired self into the shower. My boyfriend protesting as it was suppose to be " Our date day". All well and great if your boyfriend thinking a date day consists of a romantic lunches, flowers and spoiling you with shopping trips or out door adventures BUT, my boyfriend thinks that a date day consists of him, me and my dog sitting on the couch watching him play video games and maybe he will shout me to some take out Chinese... NO thanks.... Diamond ring shopping sounds way more interesting even if it isn't for me, a girl can still dream.

My boss stands outside Tiffany and co, looking a little pale than usual. He smiles as he sees me and says "so glad you didn't have plans today", another meaning so glad your my slave PA and I am your boss.

The day started with him mumbling a few words followed by me taking over completely and then a very confused sales assistant whom could fathom that we were not a couple yet mealy a boss and PA ring shopping.

While in our engagement ring shopping adventures my boss told me some very interesting news on our staff. Love being a PA at times as I am always equipped with information about people. So " Big Mouth" Elise has broken up with her long time boyfriend. "I guess he got sick of her nagging", my boss told me. He then told me that Elise was very drunk over the long weekend and hit on one of his friends, oh what a small world. Well, well I will be keeping this to myself for now. I on the other hand never tell my boss any information that is not work related. Instead I lend my ear to fix everyones problems the job of a PA is endless.

Luckily enough it wasn't long until we found ourselves in Wallace Bishop. And finally found the right one! And I was on my way home to boyfriend and dog.

Yes, my afternoon was filled with sitting on the couch watching endless video games, take out Chinese for dinner. Until next time. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment