Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Minute to Think About Media


So the collection is complete and the website is nearly done, so the next step is PR! I'm using the talents of Toni-Maree's fabulous marketing chick to send out press releases and advise me on which editors and magazines to target.

A couple of weeks ago we received the wrong order of the famous thongs. We received 100 pairs of men's size 9 instead of women's! Whoops! So Toni-Maree had the bright idea to send a media kit with some samples of the range to the Brisbane gay magazine, Q News to offer them a free pair of thongs when they like my facebook page. They were very interested, so just waiting to hear back from them!

I've also sent out press releases to national, local and suburban publications. I've got one call back from City News requesting high res images - it looks like big things are about to happen!

Until next time
CC xo

No comments:

Post a Comment